This train station opened in 1913 and replaced an earlier station which had burned. The building was designed by the same architects who designed Grand Central Terminal in New York City.
The upper six floors of the building were originally planned as a hotel, however the space still remained unfinished when the building closed in 1988.
Various plans have been sought to restore and reuse the building, however none has been successful.
Amtrak used this station from May 1, 1971, until January 5, 1988.
Amtrak's passenger train station in Detroit is now located at 11 West Baltimore Avenue.
2405 West Vernor Highway Detroit, Michigan(查看地图)